With only two ingredients, it's almost too good to be true. Naturally sweetened and dairy-free, this ice cream can be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer for a quick, frozen treat!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 Tablespoons organic natural peanut butter
- water, if needed to facilitate blending
- Break the frozen bananas into chunks and toss them into a mini food processor, along with the peanut butter. (I like to add a pinch of Himalayan sea salt if using unsalted peanut butter, too.)
- Blend until the bananas break down into a soft-serve consistency, adding a tablespoon or two of water to help facilitate blending, if necessary. The result should be a creamy, uniform ice cream!
- Serve immediately for a soft-serve style dessert, or transfer to a sealed container and store in the freezer for a for a firmer, scoop-able ice cream.
As always, feel free to use any nut butter you'd like instead of peanut butter. Almond, cashew and pecan butter would all be delicious options! The nut butter makes for a truly creamy, decadent-tasting ice cream that everyone is sure to enjoy
Per Serving: Calories: 199, Fat: 8g, Carbohydrates: 30g, Fiber: 4g, Protein: 5g