SWEET AND SPICY ROASTED CAULIFLOWER.
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- olive oil for spritzing it's best to have a spray version here!
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
SWEET AND SPICY SAUCE
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place a wire rack on a baking sheet (this helps everything stay crispy) and spray it with nonstick spray.
- In one bowl, lightly beat the eggs. In a second bowl, stir together the bread crumbs and flour. Take each piece of cauliflower and dip it in the egg, then dip it in the bread crumbs mixture, coating it completely. Place it on the wire rack and repeat with the other florets. Once the florets are all breaded, spray them with the olive oil. This will help the outsides brown!
- Roast the cauliflower for 25 to 30 minutes, or until it's golden and crunch.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, make the sauce. Heat the honey, chili garlic sauce, sugar, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk to combine. Cook until the mixture bubbles and let it simmer for a minute or two. Remove it from the heat and let it cool. It will thicken as it cools!
- Remove the cauliflower from the over and drizzle it with the sauce. You can also use the sauce as a dip if you don't want to coat the cauliflower completely. Sprinkle the whole thing with green onions and serve!